|Pro's and Con's of Bangla Daily Soaps: A brat's rectified review
||[Jan. 20th, 2006|06:49 pm]
|||||Priyotoma - Rupankar||]|
With the advent of a whole new year in BD, the number of pvt tv-channels have started to rise like hell...similar things followed in the sect of daily soaps. There are literally thousands of daily soaps being shown in tv 24/7 (like the Web 2.0 rev, they are colourful , carefully choreographed and have a glossy/rounded finish) resulting in a new-age of entertainment and media-presentation of everything Bangladeshi and Bangali. But are they really depicting the actual life-style of about 80% of the country's population? In my view some are doing very well as they claim to be. But there are "ingie-thingies" tucked inside the Al-foil of these drama-serials which as per my AHEM! review doesn't really fit in with the kind of joy-ride a usual Bangladeshi goes through. Let us make haste to the Pros and Cons of daily-soaps in bd, shall we? Here goes:
- The OST's of the third-gen drama-serials are killer. Like Romijer Aina is so cool and appealing, it freezes your coronary sheath and lowers your cholesterol level down (ok, thats a damn lie).
- Acting has become less (remember, I said LESS..not that it has become extinct ) dependant on looking like Britney spears and more on looking natural, semi-black, highly-tanned (with MATIR JEWELARY) , exhausted, burnt up, goth and "OMG, its a girl".
- Use of language has become sour and down-to-earth. No more "O' Reginald.... Apni Khabar Pore Amake Golpo Suneben Kintu, Pleeeassee...", but instead "Khaisi/Porsi" is in vogue. Like "Aila, ki je khaisilam korbanir din...pet chaira dise". (and now there are **beeped** out swear words in shows like Rock-link too).
- They show feats like cat-fights, ladies hostel stealing , association and strategies regarding maid servants and complexions at educations institutions in vivid locomotion.
- These day's attires have become quite natural too (unlike "K"-type hindi serials which I puke on) . Like dimly dressed hostel-comrades in Labonnoprobha (believe me while on univ-hostel , either boys or ladies, you gotta dress like the Romans do. That naturally doesn't include wears from Calvin Cline or GAP) , joint-family members in 51 borti and so on.
- There are tons of more good stuff....but I can't remember em right now. Maybe an edit later would feature them.
- Nearly all daily-soaps feature excessively decorated hall-ways/living rooms full of furnitures from Otobi. I agree, some of their furnitures are so good that you wanna marry them, but they are also as high-priced as the great wall of china (wait..what?). Rarely does people in BD belonging to that 80% I mentioned before buy/use such expensive furnitures. I mean, yeah a curved and cozy sofa looks good.....when you are a Bangali Civil Engg that is.. not when you live in a ladies hostel that barely has enough to even house the tenants. There's also a staircase in the soap "Labonnoprobha" that is fit for King Ramsis the Great (yeah, thou who was kicked
in the ass by Moses (a) ) , whereas "Labonnoprbha" depicts the hostel life of a few Miss and some secret Mrs-es.
- The use of chimes and techo-rhymes in some of the OSTs of these soaps is getting quite old. By that I mean crappy lyrics + few tweaks of the turn-table (amature DJ'ing) + Techno Effects. Like the OST of "Labonnoprobha", at first it seems like a good song. But they I tampered with it a bit, and lyrics like "Post koro amar thikanai, ami to jobabg dibo na" came out. I mean, how on earth can that be a lyrical composition? Hadn't it for those BG-effects, this song might have taken down "Labonnoprobha" (which is actually a very good and subtle daily soap, minus the negative aspects) with it to oblivion.
- And lastly..the worst thing that can be done to a Bangla-daily soap....its ATN BANGLA. Come 4 times a year near the British Council in Fuller Road, and you can see how shitty the take of a "bangla-natok" can be..I mean really (but, hey ROCK LINK in ATN is pretty damn good, and liquidexplosion looks slender in there....nah, I'm kidding)
Well, thats about it..what do you think? Do you think my wisecracking bore and resemblance to the reality of entertainment in BD? Anyhow... here are some stuff that might interest people who dwell in LJ.
Good-buy and good-night
- Lj now has sub-domains available for every user (free or paid). It means no more "http://livejournal.com/user/damn_this_shit_is_long" kinda web-address. Instead there's cute shorties like "http://duh.livejournal.com" now.
- Congratulations : Overseas Bangladeshis send home record 4.1 bln dlrs in 2005 (damn, thats a pretty phat revenue gain for tEh economy. Up your's Saifur Rahman and one "late" finance minister). Thanks for working your cellulites off and for sending the hard-earned money to your ailing relatives over at home.
- Download Priyotoma by Rupankar and listen to it.. seemed good to me.. dunno if anyone else will like it or not.
- Pray for a certain People's Republic of BD , for the 2006 election is near and the present situation involving pussy-fights between PhD lauret scholars is dire. Oh, wait...what the fuck am I talking about. Prayer won't resolve thee...for it is a mindless battle of techocrats and politicians who knows not of real life....hee hee.
oh mY!!seriuosly..haven't considered submitting ur resume to Daily Star or sth...cos Dude.if nt the whole paper,they gonna dedicate a whole page for ur tele critics!!!NICE!!!!Its way better and fun read than the movie critics I read here in Singapore and they DO it for a living dammit!!
downloaded the song.....
Umm.. I was gonna say "Bite me"
but I'd rather say, "I'm flattered"
hehehe....i have discovered this site where they show many bangla channels like ntv,atn,channel i and so on...i have not watched any of the mega serials as yet, but I did put my self thru few minutes of one eid show called unish-kuri or something along that line.this "ms i am sooo hot", aka tishma was a guest on the show....watching her, I wanted to do two things
1) pachchar kapor tule pitai bangali banaite echcha korse
2) ore ebong or catagory r chiriyader shobaike borkha porai ghorer lock kore chabi felai dite echcha korse(and i am no jamat person)
seriously......atto dhong...and i bet if i teach my white friends bangla, they would speak better than that rrrrrrrrrgh chiriya!!!
(i hope I did not offnd anyone with this...bleh if i did)
if you call Tisma a "Bangali" ever again..she's gonna lay off her polimer thongs and dance like crazy on the tune of "nothing gonna stop us tonight"...
I mean..please don't offend us by saying that some-shakira wannabe is one of us...other than that I wasn't offended at all regarding the fact that nobody appreciates the shit Tisma and the likes of her pull off. Infact I pity the foo, who likes her or her ridiculous garments.
Peace and Chicken Grease.
well, I hate that she is bangladeshi...and the sickening part is, there are so many of her...they are much much more "western" and "abcd" than a real abcd or western could ever be.....i mean,i grew up outside bangladsh...and i am nothing of an abcd next to her and her likes........
she's..she's..she still appears on TV?!?!?
i didn't know there was a tishma till last weekend....and i was happy without knowing she existed.......HAVE MERCY indeed!!
u know whts worse..it seems to be she's gonna b a lasting more phenomenon than SHAKIRA herself
wht a DURSHOPNO!!!
(cos the last time I saw her was in 200 freakin' 3 dude)
wht's the site??
link me please!
2006-05-25 12:24 am (UTC)
Bangla Entertainment sites
best site is http://bengaliguru.com, they have links to most of the other content sites. but if you want skip the pop ups, you can go directly http://bangladeshinatok.com for bangla natok, http://dramaserials.com for serials, http://banglamoviesonline.com for movies, and http://banglamusicmp3.com for bangla music. there is one more for music video but can't remember...
2006-06-10 08:08 pm (UTC)
Re: Bangla Entertainment sites
Also you guys can visit www.bdbangla.com for bangla natok, gaan, chat and more. they upload new natok every day. right now they have ramizer ayna, labonno prova, cholse chole and 9 different serial and also they have many good natoks and telefilm.
you spelled good bye wrong! :P
Seems like Habib's Ramizer ayna OST has already eaten up your mind.
I have one more pros/cons (it depends on your view) that can be added to labonnoprova that it reminds me "I'm still single :P"
Hee hee.. I heard that
It sure CAN remind you of many things. Don't worry....as soon as you become a CEO for some software inc and we start saying,"Yo,look over there...there goes Shafi Bhai...I used to read in the same univ as him" ; you won't remain single anymore.
2006-03-07 01:13 pm (UTC)
Tishma: whats da big deal?
Hey guys watz wit the weird attitude abt Tishma? is it just coz she's a GIRL? coz the guyz in LRb, black, artcell, hell, all the bd bands r not exactly folowing bangla culture. you guyz turn a blind eye towards them coz they got DIC_KS, uh? bein a female urself, u r pretty pathetic. Tishma's achieved a LOT for a teenager..shes beautiful, talented, a great singer, and dancer, and what not..i admire her..we should be proud to have a international level performer in bd, thats y shes so successful. yet all sum losers can do is diss her. thats bangladesh 4 u..its for the attitutdes of narrow minded ppl like u that bangladesh is never gonna go far. as for u, miss pagol mon, i wish i could drag u back to BD by the boo_bs, tie u up in yr mentioned burka n stuff yr face with my socks.. thanks a lot for putting the female sex back by, like, 500 years..
2006-03-07 01:20 pm (UTC)
it's not just tisma. accordin to madam pagolkhana all bangla female performers actresses etc should sit at home instead n n give their uncles, husbands n what not blow jobs rite? i am not beinmg a feminist, its just yr attitude that shoicked me. ppl like u should be shot dead.
2006-05-25 12:27 am (UTC)
Re: Tishma: whats da big deal?
check it out at http://banglasur.com
see her video, you will realize
2006-09-03 09:32 am (UTC)
Re: Tishma: whats da big deal?
i like tishma a lot....she's very pretty and sexy and has a great voice to go with that sexy teenage booty....
2007-01-20 06:38 am (UTC)
Re: Tishma: whats da big deal?
stop talking about tishma's looks pls. she is VERY beautiful, ut she is also a DAMN talented singer with a FANTASTIC voice. enough said.